Understandably, some people can be reticent when employing the services of a building firm. The numerous scare stories of rip-off merchants and inferior quality work give the industry, in most cases, an undeserved and unwelcome reputation. At Stanleys Roofing and Building, we uphold the ethos that the customer is paramount, so we will always thoroughly discuss your requirements before supplying you with a fair quotation for an honest day’s work. Below we will present our primary services for roofing, patios and driveways in St Albans and Harpenden.
Expert roofing in St Albans and Harpenden
We can carry out all manner of roofing in Harpenden to an exceptional standard. £1million liability insurance guarantees all of our work, should anything out of the ordinary occur. Through our services in the local area, we receive a lot of work through customer recommendations thanks to our value for money offer. The main roofing jobs we undertake include:
- Roof replacements and repair – If you have a leaking roof, or if the shingles have torn and are beyond repair your roof may need replacing. We will conduct a thorough assessment before advising the level of work required. We can quote for roofing in St Albans for pitched or flat roofs, no matter the size of the project. We also provide a roof cleaning service to avoid the build-up of mould and moss.
- Tiles – As part of our services for roofing in Harpenden, we can supply any roofing tile and also repair them. We can replace and repoint ridge tiles, chimney stacks and beds, and roof valley channels. We will always attempt to repair existing tiles before considering a replacement.
- Guttering, soffit and fascia – Blocked guttering can have a damaging effect on roofs. Gathering water can lead to the development of mould that can penetrate shingles and sheathing. We can clear or replace blocked downpipes and guttering to ensure rainwater runs into the correct channels. We also supply and fit uPVC soffits and fascias to protect against weathering and keep your roof in good condition.
Quality driveways in St Albans and Harpenden
The driveway of a property, whether commercial or domestic, can have a lasting impact on peoples impressions. An untidy driveway, with cracked tarmac or broken block paving, can detract from the appearance of a property. At Stanleys Roofing and Building, we deliver high-quality driveways in Harpenden using several different methods and materials.
- Tarmac – Traditional and used universally, a tarmac driveway is an excellent approach to creating long-lasting and clean looking driveways in St Albans. Tarmac can withstand the weight of multiple vehicles, and we can lay it by hand or machine, depending on the access to the area.
- Block paving – We have laid block paving for many driveways in Harpenden. It delivers an attractive, robust and durable driveway that is easy to maintain. The layout of block paving is almost unlimited, with many variants of colour and designs available. We can work with you to conceive a look that will complement your property, and possibly add value to it.
In addition to tarmac and block paving, we can also construct driveways using gravel, sandstone, shingles and concrete. As experienced and multi-skilled builders, we will rectify any problems concerning drainage.
Outstanding patios in St Albans
A patio is a marvellous way to create functional outdoor spaces in your garden. Having a patio can provide options for your garden that may not be viable with a lawn. They can provide a stable surface for garden furniture for when you have gatherings, or even as a base for a hot tub.
We can use the same materials for laying a patio as we do for driveways. Block paving is a popular method for creating patios because of their appearance and ability to construct bespoke looks.
Why choose Stanleys Roofing and Building?
We are a building firm that offers a comprehensive ‘one-stop-shop’ for all of your building requirements. All of our employees are highly-skilled and trained, and we never use sub-contractors for any aspect of our work. We work with care, diligence and professionalism to ensure that all of our customers are wholly satisfied. For more information on how we can deliver outstanding building work for your property, contact us today.